There’s no denying that there’s something fascinating about the beautiful crystal formations that our earth creates, but did you know that each crystal is filled with unique properties that can help, heal, protect and raise your vibration!?
While there are millions upon millions of crystals out there, here are a few of our favourites broken down according to the body's Chakra System that you can keep on your person, or in your space and what they can do for you:
Clear Quartz (All 7 Chakras) Often referred to as the ‘universal crystal’ Clear Quartz is cleansing and restorative, it’s the perfect crystal to use if you want to enhance your meditation and take it to the next level, it brings the physical body into balance and is deeply connected spiritual growth, clearing spiritual blockages and gives your chakra system a spring clean and invites positive energy to flow freely.
Amethyst (Crown Chakra) Ranging in pale lilac to a deep plum purple, Amethyst is the stone of peace, so it’s no surprise that it’s often used to promote a deeper sleep, calm the mind (it’s great for anxiety), enhance spiritual awareness, and assist in warding off negative energy.
Lapis Lazuli (Third Eye Chakra) A powerful stone, with it’s roots in Egyptian culture, Lapis Lazuli is often referred to as the ‘stone of truth’ and is known to relax the nervous system, boost self-awareness or intuition and a master of expression and active listening.
Rose Quartz (Heart Chakra) A soft and subtle shade of pink, Rose Quartz is full of calming and healing qualities centred around love and matters of the heart. It’s known to expand your heart energy, boosting feelings of self-worth and self-worth, encourage forgiveness and heal a hurting heart. Use it to call in your soulmate.
Aquamarine (Throat Chakra) Mysterious and milky blue, Aquamarine is often associate with fluidity and faacilitates clear and heartfelt communication with one’s self and with others, a tranquilizer that allows you to ‘go with the flow’ and increases feelings of compassion and tolerance.
Carnelian (Sacral Chakra) Another stone with it’s roots in Egyptian culture, Carnelian is often used to embody courage and fearlessness, it’s a call to action, anchors you in reality and boosts energy and vitality. A fiery red, use this stone if you want to boost your motivation and feel uninhibited.
Tiger’s Eye (Solar Plexus Chakra) A warm stone with a wood-like grain to it, Tiger’s Eye is a grounding stone, that facilitates clear thinking and insight, promotes feelings of courage, strength and confidence in one’s ability to achieve goals. It releases anxiety and replaces it with resilience and inspiration.
Black Obsidian (Root Chakra) Dense and dark, Black Obsidian is a deeply protective stone that absorbs negativity, dissolving blockages and aids in introspection and clearing confusion or constricting beliefs. Use it if you feel in need of a spiritual detox.
So now what ... ?
There are several ways you can use your chosen crystal(s), let me unpack them:
1. Crystal kits Crystal kits are put together with an end goal in mind from self love, to stress relief and everything in between. Each crystal is intuitively chosen according to their healing properties and grouped together others that either have complimenting or amplifying properties. You can carry your crystal kit in your bag, or place it under your pillow, the possibilities are endless and entirely up to you and what feels right.
2. Crystal grids A crystal grid is a beautiful and powerful way to amplify your manifestations and intention setting. Much like crystal kits, the power of a crystal grid comes from the combined energies of the crystals you feel called to use, how you arrange them and the intention(s) you set. They can be used in a number of different ways, whether it’s for a high vibe piece of décor in your personal space, to help heal, enhance your meditation or as an intricate mindfulness activity.
3. Palm Stones As the name would suggest, palm stones (also referred to as worry stones or touch stones) are crystals shaped to be held comfortably in the palm of your hand. If you want to keep it simple, select your palm stone based on your intention (E.g. balance), hold it in your palm and reflect, if meditation is more your vibe, a palm stone is a great tool to compliment your practice as it clears the mind and slows the body’s energy down allowing you to slip comfortably into a meditative state or if you’re one to jot your thoughts, feelings and goals down in a journal, a palm stone may assist you in releasing pent up emotions. The possibilities are endless!
4. Crystal Jewellery Equal parts beautiful and practical, crystal jewellery, no matter the form is an easy way of carrying crystals with you without a bulge in your bra or falling out of your pocket. It can be a sentimental nod to memory or family members (I wear my boy’s birthstone Garnet around my wrist), a way of raising your vibration or to help support anything from healing to clarity and everything in between.
5. Crystal Facial Tools Whether a crystal roller, gua sha massage tool or eye mask each comes with its own set of benefits. A multi-use tool, crystal rollers are a perfect addition to your skincare routine, boosting everything from circulation to product absorption, they’re packed full of skin loving benefits. Gua Sha tools have their origins in Chinese culture and are traditionally used as part of a centuries old facial massage practice, cooling and calming, they help to reduce puffiness and dark circles while lifting the face …. A natural face lift, what’s not to love!? Anyone that’s ever used an eye mask would know just how relaxing for tired eyes it can be, crystal eye masks are exactly that but better, relaxation is amplified by the properties of the crystal. Think of it as relaxation taken to a higher level.
Still need a little helping hand on your crystal healing journey?
Unearth the healing qualities of crystals and experience a restful and restorative Reiki session, either stand along or complimented by out beautiful organic Earth and Skin facial or full body massage and align mind, body and spirit.